Here below are the entire terms and conditions of Capsule Web. Please make sure you read all applicable sections relevant to your package before entering into any agreement.
Web Design Services
- You can supply us with a list of key-phrases you deem as important to your business – however upon conducting keyword analysis we will select the phrases most suitable and relevant to achieving your aims.
- It is your responsibility to advise of any content changes to your website made by another party – if you fail to notify us and the changes impact negatively on your results then we cannot be held accountable.
- To make changes to your website we will need access to your FTP Login (available through your hosts or web providers) and/or access to your CMS log in details (e.g. WordPress Log-in.)
- Because search engines make regular alterations to their algorithms we cannot be held accountable for sudden fluctuations in website positioning and offer as a result we offer no guarantees on positioning.
- Whilst undue care and attention is upheld at all times Capsule Web cannot be held accountable for data or files lost either accidentally or through nor negligence.
- We make recommendations for you to use other techniques to help boost your websites search engine rankings outside of our services. It is important you implement these recommendations. We will charge extra if we have to implement these changes on your behalf.
- We will only make changes to content where deemed absolutely necessary. There are no set amount of changes attached to any particular timescales. If we are required to add additional pages, or significant amounts of content we may charge for undertaking this week. We will always advise of any additional costs prior to work commencing.
- All SEO work is paid 100% upfront
We operate a staged payments policy for any web design services we provide to you. Our staged payments policy is as follows:
Domain Names & Hosting
- We will send an invoice for the first 50% of the total project fee when we accept your order. You need to pay this invoice before we start work on your website.
- We’ll send you an invoice for the next 50% of the total project fee on the launch of your website or one month after the initial payment is made, whichever is sooner.
- After you’ve made your final payment and it’s cleared our bank account, we’ll send you any relevant passwords and access instructions for your website if required.
- We will register your domain name for you where required. This will be to your business name where we have relevant details. To transfer any domain names over to another hosting package, or to transfer your website over to a separate hosting package we will charge you a transfer fee of $50.00.
- Hosting is sorted for you where necessary. The hosting is paid for the full remained of each 12 month hosting agreement. If you no longer wish to have your website you must pay the remaining balance outstanding for any hosting before the website is taken down.
- We are not responsible for any issues created by third party hosting companies. We will endeavour to liaise with hosting providers where there are issues to rectify them as soon as possible.
It’s important that you give us as much information as possible before work begins as to any specific requirements for your website.
Once we have done the initial draft of your website, you can then outline any amendments you wish to make. Once amendments are made to satisfactory levels, the website will be launched.
Any further amendments which result from your failure to provide a clear brief will be charged at $50 per hour
Copyright and ownership
Where you provide appropriate and relevant business information, you will own your domain for as long as you continue to pay any recurring registration fees.
These are usually approximately $12 per year for a domain, subject to changes depending on taxes.
Once you have paid our final invoice, you will own all your website pages, and copyright of the website text (whether you’ve written your own text or we have on your behalf).
You will not own the copyright to any images sourced by us on your behalf, either from our own stock image library or from any other provider of stock images.
We may add a “website design by Capsule Web” (or similar) link at the bottom of each page of your website.
If you’ve asked us to source stock images for use on your website, some of these images may be supplied to us (and thus to you) on the condition that the photographer is credited. If this affects any images we’ve sourced for you, we’ll let you know during the design and build process.
“Reasonable use” for ongoing website support
Free ongoing support is included in our web design packages, but this support is provided subject to a reasonable use policy, which is set out below.
Reasonable use includes:
- Minor alterations – for example, replacing, adding or deleting content on pages that already exist on your site
- Making changes to your contact details
- Setting up new email addresses and forwarders (or making changes to existing email addresses and forwarders)
- Liaising with our hosting provider in the rare event that there are any interruptions to the service
The following are what we consider to be ‘major’ alterations, and are not included in your free support:
- Creating new pages for your website.
- Making changes to the design of your website.
- Making any changes that affect all pages of your website (includes changes to the template, rebranding, etc)
- Significant changes to content including additional content and/or removal of content on more than one page.
- Updating your CMS (for example: WordPress)
- All work will be billed at $50/ h
If you have any questions or concerns about any of our terms and conditions, please contact us to discuss them.
Social Media Management
- All Google Adwords campaigns are built conforming to Google Adwords best practices.
- Initial Set-Up fee to be paid prior to Google Adwords account being set-up on your behalf.
- We/You must enter your bank details or credit card details onto the Google Account to allow Google to collect payments for clicks. Google will notify you when this will be. It is normally in payment increments or after a month – whichever is sooner.
- We will allow you access to the Adwords Account if required. If any of our settings are changed either intentionally or accidentally we will charge a correction fee depending on level of correction with a minimum charge of $50.
- For us to manage your social media accounts we need access to the accounts.
- We cannot be held responsible for responses of other users to content we post on your behalf.
- We are not responsible for replying to personal messages you receive on your accounts.
- We will not post anything offensive, derogatory, libelous or infringing copyright law.
- Whilst every effort is made to attract followers who are relevant to you, we are not in control of who chooses to follow you.
- There are no set numbers of posts we will complete in a month.
- You are responsible for accuracy in the content we post.
Should you have any complaints about any of our services you need to email email@example.com and we will respond you within 48 hours.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s acknowledgement to acceptance of these terms or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Issuing a check or bank transfer is an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
This Agreement shall be governed by Canadian / Quebec Law.
Capsule Web hereby excludes itself, its employees and or agents from all and any liability from:
Amendments To Terms And Conditions
- Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
- Loss or damage caused by omission;
- Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
- Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
- The entire liability of Capsule Web to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
We reserve the right to amend these terms or conditions on an individual basis where we see fit.
Copyright 2013 © Capsule Web (8241902 Canada inc.)
All worldwide rights reserved.
Last edited on August 15th 2013